About Me

I grew up in Durham, North Carolina. I did something when I was 22 that changed the game: I moved to New York City. I live, breathe and bleed DUKE University, namely DUKE basketball. Krzyzewski is an added word to my spell-check dictionary as I use it nearly everyday. I met my Boston-born wife, Ariana, a DUKE grad, in NYC, during grad school, when we both worked at a restaurant together... named Duke's (zero relation). My first name is Sarah - with an "h", my middle name is my Grandmother’s maiden name and my last name (apparently) means Goose of the Forest.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Three For The Win

In Defining Greatness; Numbers Don’t Lie:

They have compiled 120 wins (so far) over their four years at DUKE.

They have won 85% of the games they have played in DUKE uniforms.

They have beaten arch-rival UNC 6 times (so far) over their four year careers at DUKE, losing only 2 games to the Tar Heels.

They registered a 2-2 record for ACC/Big Ten Challenge games - beating both Michigan State and Ohio State.

Three of four years, they went undefeated in Durham, NC.

They only walked off of Coach K Court 3 times as part of the losing team.

They have never, repeat, never been out of the top-10. In four years: NEVER. 

They were ranked the #1 team in three of their four seasons (the other season peaking at #4).

So far, they have been a #1 seed twice and a #2 seed once.

They were a part of Coach K’s history making win at Madison Square Garden: 903.

They are the only undefeated team in the State Farm Tournament of Champions, having beaten both Michigan State and Kentucky. Each of the other three teams has lost at least once.

They won 4 consecutive early season tournaments: NIT Season Tip-Off (2009), CBE Classic (2010), Maui Invitational (2011) and Battle 4 Atlantis (2012).

They have won 2 ACC Tournament Championships… so far.

They have won 1 National Championship… so far.

They are our 2013 Senior Class and needless to say; we are really going to miss Mason, Seth and Ryan.



No comments:

Post a Comment