About Me

I physically grew up in Durham, North Carolina. I'm tough. I mentally grew up in New York City. I’m resourceful. I live, breathe and bleed DUKE University; particularly DUKE men’s basketball and Coach Mike Krzyzewski. Krzyzewski is an added word to my spell check dictionary as I use it nearly everyday. I did something when I was 22 that I could never achieve again at any other age: I moved to New York City. My first name is Sarah, my middle name is my Grandmother’s maiden name and my last name apparently means Goose of the Forest. (@BlueInThe212)

Monday, March 11, 2013

The Laett Show


I love the article entitled “The Most Hated College Basketball Players of the Last 30 Years” by Rafe Bartholomew recently posted on Grantland.
I love it.  Like, love it.  And for two very distinct reasons.  Number one: I don’t have to spend an entire entry here waxing poetic as to why DUKE has their very own region; Bartholomew puts that information right out there by saying, “The Duke alumni and coaches and players must know that the real reason they are hated is because they are so damn good.”  That one sentence saved me the better part of a day and frankly, my bosses probably really appreciate having more of my attention on this Monday.  The other reason I love (I mean, love) this is because brackets are difficult.  Just when you think you’ve got a real chance at cleaning up in your office pool, along comes a Davidson or a VCU or a George Mason that you just did not see coming.  But, not this bracket.  I don’t even have to look at the 80’s, 90’s or 00’s region to know who wins.  It doesn’t matter to me who they have where and how they seeded those other three regions; I know who is winning this thing.  It’s going to be him, I just know it.   If I could take this thing to Vegas and put every asset that I have behind it, I’d be on the next flight.  It’s going to be that guy… the one who hit The Shot (capping a perfect game that fateful March 28th)… Mr. Final Four… the guy who holds the NCAA Tournament record for points scored, free throws made, free throws attempted and games played… the two-time National Champion… the 1991 NCAA Final Four Most Outstanding Player… the 1992 Naismith Player of the Year… the 1992 John Wooden Award winner… the 1992 USBWA Player of the Year… the 1992 Adolph Rupp Award winner… the 1992 NABC Player of the Year… the 1992 AP College Player of the Year… the 1992 Sporting News College Player of the Year… the 1992 ACC Player of the Year… the 1991 and 1992 ACC Athlete of the Year… the 1991 and 1992 NCAA All-American…  the 1992 Olympic Gold Medalist.  It’s so going to be that guy and really; it’s not fair.  He wins everything.



No comments:

Post a Comment